Welcome. The annual conference, MSSTL10, took place in IT Carlow on Monday 24th and Tuesday 25th of May 2010.
The theme of the conference is Assessment for Learning in Mathematics and Statistics. We are delighted to announce keynote speakers of Penny Bidgood of Kingston University, Sally Crighton of the Open University and Leslie Fletcher of Liverpool John Moores University. Bill Lynch of the NCCA will speak on the impact of assessment at second level. The conference was sponsored by the National Digital Learning Repository (NDLR) and organised under the auspices of IT Carlow’s Teaching and Learning Centre, with additional sponsorship from the Irish Mathematical Society (IMS).
PROGRAMME, PRESENTATIONS AND ABSTRACTS FOR KEYNOTES AND ACCEPTED TALKS & POSTERS:
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org. The registration fee for the conference is €40, which includes the conference dinner on Monday evening (payment details will be given when you email to register).
CALL FOR PAPERS (CLOSED):
By April 14th, email a short abstract (200 words maximum) to MSSTL10@itcarlow.ie (posters also welcome).
The aims of the conference include:
· providing a forum for practitioners in maths and statistics education to share their ideas in teaching maths and stats as a service subject to various disciplines.
· enabling colleagues to share their experiences, successes and failures in dealing with the myriad of difficulties faced by all who teach mathematics to students with varied mathematical backgrounds.
· presenting new initiatives in teaching and learning.
· giving updates on new developments in the various sectors.
To this end the conference will comprise of talks, workshops and discussion groups on a broad range of areas including:
· assessment methods
· teaching initiatives
· development and sharing of teaching materials
· the good use of technology
· research and postgraduate research
Dr. Diarmuid O’Se email@example.com
Damien Raftery firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference Email MSSTL10@itcarlow.ie